Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

With the crazy preparations, packing, cooking, traveling, etc. I thought I'd post a day early just to say Happy Thanksgiving. If you read my blog, then I'm sure I "know" you somehow either online or in real life. And I just wanted to tell everyone how thankful I am for all of you. I've only been online for a year, and I had no clue how it would change me! Not only am I inspired to scrap, but I've grown more as an "artist" (I still feel funny using that term for some reason) and as a person. I've gotten to know a lot of you fairly if not really well, and even meet some of you. I love that I've had a chance to experience the day-to-day happenings with you, and even pray for you! So all that to say, I'm thankful for you my online friends and readers!

I don't have a Thanksgiving LO to share, but I do have some fun pictures I took yesterday just trying to practice with my camera. Have I mentioned yet that Josh gave me a Nikon D60 for our anniversary and my 30th birthday?! Yeah, he did. It was a TOTAL shock and surprise, very well planned and very well hidden. I left it in the box for a week afraid to touch it! LOL! I have such a wonderful husband, who loves me enough to sell his stuff on Ebay/Craigslist just to get me a prized possession he knew I'd love! What an amazing man!

Anyway, here's what I got yesterday (still shooting in auto.) you KNOW that if I'm afraid to take it out of the box, then I'm DEFINITELY afraid to shoot on anything more than auto or the preset actions!!

okay, enough talk...Sarah Kate playing in the leaves.







I am determined to learn how to use my new camera! I was totally inspired by Elizabeth, who said that one year ago she knew nothing about photography and now she's got her own photography business! So if any of you want to tell me what I'm doing all wrong, a good class to take, where to start...I'm all ears! And I'd LOVE to know how people (coughcoughKarenRussell)take gorgeous photos of VERY active toddlers who don't pose or even stay still for a second!! So any advice in that arena is much appreciated. Oh but I don't get the whole f/2.5 ISO blah blah stuff. I know there's LOTS I don't know, and I may take my little advanced point-and-shoot with me this weekend just because I know how to use it! LOL!

Anyway, hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun, eat well, and GO REBELS!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Enjoy the new camera...what a great hubby you have! :)

Brandy said...

If Karen Russell comes near you -- you HAVE to take the class!! Congrats on the new camera!

Shan Herren said...

What a great gift from the hubs! Just get out there and play, play, play and try to remember what you did when a good pic comes out! Enjoy!!!