Sunday, January 4, 2009

HOME! finally home!

Yesss! We've been away for 13.5 days, and it feels like for-EVER since I've slept in my own bed! It also means that I've got a lot of updating to do, so here's the warning. This will be a very photo-filled post. But I also want to share.

First of all was Christmas. Our Christmas schedule was CRA-ZEE! We were in 3 different state over the course of 4 days, exchanging presents and eating feasts all along the way. We first went to Mom's, where I got these pics:

Cookies for Santa

Belle dress, Belle Barbie, and "make-up"

Elmo


Then it was on to Mississippi to spend Christmas with Josh's fam. It was fun to watch the cousins, primarily Caroline and "Gacie", because they're so close in age and can play together. Our time was also filled with some Guitar Hero World Tour where we all got to rock out!



And Santa brought the girls a Princess tent!

Sarah Kate doesn't quite "get" Christmas yet, so while she received presents her older sister knew more about the excitement of Christmas.

And lastly we spent almost 10 days at the beach. We did Christmas down there too, but when it was all over we hung out, ate lots of seafood (my fave), watched football, and played on the beach. I also took that time to work on my photography skills and attempt to "learn" my new camera more. Here are some of my favorite shots.




And then some of the beach:




Oh yeah, and I turned the big 3-0 while I was there.



I think that's about it. It was a very good vacation! And I know so because I feel like I need a vacation because of my vacation! The girls and I are exhausted, but it's a good exhausted! It was a wonderful time all the way around!

I'll be back soon with some favorite LOs from 2008, as well as my Color Me Daisy projects with the January kit!

Hope you're all having a happy start to the new year!

8 comments:

twinsand2boys said...

Wow, looks like lots of fun. Happy Birthday! Great pics.

Just call me "B" said...

Happy late birthday!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Happy Late Birthday!

Jaime said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday...and 30th at that!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Love all the pics! Looks like lots of celebrating!

Gretchen said...

happy belated birthday!!

Jenni said...

Welcome back D!!! SO glad you enjoyed yourselves! Look like a good time was had by all!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time.

Happy Birthday!