Thursday, February 26, 2009

Final project and a promised layout

When I got my February kit from Crop Suey, I fell in looove with all the fun "boy" things from the Fancy Pants line. And well, as you know, I don't have any boys. BUT I do have a husband who very kindly endures my endless scrapbooking projects. He's so good, isn't he?! :D Anyway, since I'd made our girls some Valentine mailboxes, I thought why not make one for him too. So using some of the cards, rubons and such from my kit, I finished up the mailbox that I'd started for him.

Here's the finished product!


A shot with the side in plain view:


I handcut the heart from the backside of one the vintage Valentines in the kit. I plan to put his name on it, just hadn't gotten around to it quite yet. I also used the Fancy Pants rub-ons for the front, which I just love! Isn't that dino the cutest? Can you tell I liked working with boy stuff? hehe! Obviously I didn't make his as frilly or as embellished as the girls'. I didn't want to overdo it. But it WAS fun to dabble a little on the boy side of things, and it was a quick and easy project that I'll have in advance for next year.

Another project I've completed is this LO about Sarah Kate.

"I love this kid!"




Sorry the lighting is so horrific. The photos are NOT anywhere NEAR that grainy in real life! But at least you get the gist of the layout. It's kinda in celebration of her turning 2. I wanted to capture a lot of her personality traits, so the journaling is a list of all the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Alrighty, Dad, Kathy, and Katie are on their way up to do the 2 yr. old b'day thing, so I need to hop off of here. I can't BELIEVE my baby's going to be 2 on Sunday! Wow! Time really DOES fly...or I've just lost a lot of sleep!

Have a great day for "This is the day the Lord has made!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little mailbox and love that layout. she is such a doll

Gina said...

Great projects. I LOVE that mailbox!!! What a great idea to make one for your DH too...gonna have to keep that in mind for next year.

Stacey said...

Awesome mailbox - way fun and the layout is great - what a wonderful title!