Thursday, May 12, 2011

Unscripted Moment

I love this picture of my Dad and Sarah Kate. They're totally caught up in the moment, and I love that I was able to capture it with my camera. The only part of it that was somewhat suggested was that I said, "Hey Sarah Kate how 'bout you go swing with Bob Bob?" Everything else was up to them. I love the emotion on both their faces.

"Unscripted Moment"


Products used: from Noel Mignon's "Mary Ellen" kit: Pink Paislee and Girls Paperie patterned paper, Jenny Bowlin label stamps, wooden buttons, Pink Paislee ephemera, kraft tags. Not included in the kit: Glimmer Mists, Basic Grey doily stickers, SRM "beautiful" sticker, American Crafts cardstock, Girls Paperie alpha stickers (used to create mask), Cricut Expression, Billionaire cartridge

If I can talk "shop" for just a second, this layout turned out a lot like on of Maggie Holmes' layouts. And while she's one of my scrap crushes, I did not intend to copy or lift any one layout of hers. But I will give her credit for inspiring me since she always does. ;) I love her design style and the techniques she uses!

Happy Thursday everyone!





2 comments:

Jason and Gretchen said...

I had a few "eaten" posts myself - obviously there was a glitch and that is why I was having problems with my gadgets

I love this picture! Those are the ones you always cherish and they end up in a rehearsal dinner slideshow! ;)

Anonymous said...

wow i love this pink but masuline page, i love your journal spots too, are they stamps??

Sarah x