Saturday, July 16, 2011

1st Birthday Bash!

Today we had McClain's birthday party and all the family was invited. Here are a few pics from today as promised.

I chose to do a little bow tie theme with red, blue, aqua, and green which of course is my favorite "boy" color scheme.

I did a decoration for the front door. For some of it I used my Cricut Expression and the Birthday Cakes and Martha Stewart All Occasions cartridges.
I made the bow and topper for the cake and cupcakes, or assembled it rather. Some parts of them were pre-made. ;) Just taking the Sandra Lee "Semi-homemade" approach. wink.




Arranged a banner across the mantle. I got the idea from Susan Weinroth. She did her pictures in black and white, but I really like color even if it does look busy.
And then I made this thing, I don't really know what to call it, to go around McClain's high chair. It was fringed crepe paper and 3 pennants, 2 with bow ties and one with the #1.

Mr. Man had a wonderful time! He dove right in to that cupcake, shoving fistfuls of it in his mouth and then sucking on all his fingers (all at one time) to get the icing off. It was quite cute, if I do say so myself.

And then we opened presents. This was slightly chaotic with all the kids here (most of the cousins were able to make it, including the just-turned-two-years-old twins). But once Mac was able to play with his toys (ahem big sisters tried to take over), it was sheer delight!
And along the way his onesie got tossed into the washer. Too much icing to be salvageable at the moment. So he continued the party in his ALMOST birthday suit.

And that's as much as I've been able to edit in the last hour or so since the party. LOTS more pictures, but these do it enough justice so that you get the picture.

Happy 1st Birthday Little Man!

7 comments:

Sarah A said...

Precious! I love all the things you made. I hope our presents made it up--when we saw the guitar, we just had to get that--he can be in training to give Ben a run for his money on Guitar Hero some day soon!

Gretchen said...

happy (belated) birthday Mac!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! Love all of the party details!

Sherri said...

Hey Deanna, just thought I'd pop in a say hello. Boy, you have been one busy girl. I can't believe it's been a year since the birth of your baby boy. Mac looked like he had a blast at the birthday party. You knocked it out of the park with the decorations :) Happy middle of summer to you :)

PaperVine said...

Wow - this party looks like a lot of fun! I love all the details.
Great to see you at Paper Issues and look forward to seeing lots more of your awesome work!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

It's been awhile since I have been to your blog, so Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Mac!!!

Your party decorations were SO awesome and I adore the cake pictures...those are always my favortie:)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Adorable!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com