Saturday, January 28, 2012

Okay, so I've been reading in all my spare time, which is kind of a joke since I don't seem to HAVE much spare time. Actually I've been watching less TV and reading more. It's been kinda nice. So far in the month of January I've read 3 books. I can't remember the last time I read 3 whole books (for fun) in one month.
This one was just okay. I read it because it was the 3rd book in the trilogy and I wanted to finish the series. The first two books were much better. But now Josh wants us to get a German Shepard. ha!

This book I LOVED, mainly because it's setting is at a lake and the writer OBVIOUSLY has spent a lot of time on a lake. She made wonderful word pictures that had me imagining and even dreaming I was at the lake. Is it summer yet???

And this book was a mistake for me to read. I grabbed it without knowing anything about it only that I liked the author, and I was majorly depressed the next day. Let's just say it's about twins, teenagers, and a car wreck, subjects that have dramatically impacted my life. I cried A LOT throughout the book, but had to finish it. At least it has a happy ending. ;)

So now I've picked up several more books for reading. On my list are Hunger Games and the other 2 in the trilogy, Heaven is For Real, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, and several more by Kristin Hannah (that aren't about twins or wreckage). I'm also thinking about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

If you've got any other reading suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I've decided that I'd like to read more and may have set a goal at reading 2-3 books a month. Of course we'll see how that works out, but so far so good. ;)

Well that's all I've got for tonight. Come back tomorrow for my Scrapbook Nook challenge. ;)


2 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Check out the site She Reads wonderful suggestions. I am currently reading their selection of the month called The Language of Flowers. I also recommend Terri blackstock she writes Christian fiction. Enjoy!!

LBM said...

if you like mysteries- email me- I have lots of suggestions :)