Friday, February 22, 2013

He's our #1

Hi friends! LOOONG time, no post. Let's just say that 2013 has thrown me some major curveballs already, one of which was that my dad died a little over a month ago. He was so dear and precious to me, very instrumental in my life. His death came as quite a shock to us, and honestly it's been really hard for me to get back in to any kind of creative frame-of-mind. BUT I'm up on the Lily Bee blog today and I have to say that it felt GOOD to create again. :)

Here's a sketch that I used to start my post.

Lily Bee tut sketch


And the layout that eventually followed:

"He's our #1"
DSC_1180

In my post I also included a step-by-step of my creative process and my thoughts behind why I do what I do creatively speaking.  Be sure to check it out on the Lily Bee blog today

Stay tuned because I'll be back soon (I promise) with the Lily Bee blog hop!!! :D :D

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Deanna_M

3 comments:

antenucci said...

So sorry about your dad, missed you while you were gone. Love the layout you created.

Christy said...

I love the layout you created and your sketch is perfect! :)

Kim M said...

So sorry Deanna, losing a parent is so difficult, my thoughts are with you. ((HUGS)))